NAFED Seeking Additional Technical Training Staff
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Posted by: Danny Harris
Job Title: Technical Training Manager
Report to: Executive Director/CEO
Prepare, conduct, and evaluate technical training programs. Write literature and materials to be used in programs and design exercises to enhance presentations. Conduct classes regarding installation, maintenance, and safety of fire equipment.
This new full-time position will focus specifically on technical training and will require travel throughout the country, offering local training sessions. The goal will be to offer about twenty to thirty new training opportunities per year to members of NAFED. Since travel is an important part of this initiative, this position does not need to be based out of the Chicago offices.
Requirements: 5+ years of experience in the fire protection industry, strongly self-motivated with management and/or training experience.
Employee Time Allocation:
30% Development of materials
30% Industry relations
• Prepare and conduct technical training programs.
• Assess training needs and certification requirements.
• Deploy training to targeted fire equipment technicians.
• Prepare training material and classroom agenda.
• Provide end-user training for distributors.
• Conduct presentations and webinars.
• Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids).
• Assist in design of computer-based curriculum.
• Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
• Manage the training program in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and Quality Management System.
• Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences, and workshops.
• Participate in industry-related organizations and committees activities.
Interested parties please contact Executive Director/CEO Danny Harris at (312) 461-9600 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.